How to Use the GPStrac Map Portal Software
1. You must be logged into the GPStrac map portal. For information on how to log in please refer to: How to login to the web portal. Once you are logged in please proceed to step 2 below.
2. The default view in the GPStrac Map portal is the ‘current’ view of mobile workers. There are basic requirements that must be met to have a mobile phones GPS location show up on your GPStrac Map portal. The basic requirements are:
Š GPS enabled Nextel phone (Gold Certified Phones)
Š Java enabled Nextel phone (Gold Certified Phones)
Š Wireless Data enabled on the Nextel Phone (this can only be verified by calling Sprint Customer Care)
Š GPS privacy set to ‘unrestricted’ (How to configure GPStrac on the phone)
Š The proper GPStrac mobile software installed on the Nextel Phone
Š The phone number and mobile worker number properly entered in the GPStrac mobile software
3. The numbers listed on the left side of the screen are your mobile workers. Other information listed in that box is: latest time of the GPS location, speed of the mobile worker, and an icon indicating the heading of the mobile worker (a circle means their speed is less than 3 mph or they are stopped).
4. The map section of the page automatically zooms to the GPS locations of your mobile workers. You are able to zoom in and out with the roller on your mouse or with zoom in-out, and pan left, right, up and down tool.
5. By clicking on a mobile worker on the left window, the map will automatically zoom in and center the map on that mobile worker with a pop-up window showing details of that mobile worker. When you hover your mouse over a mobile worker number on the left window, the map will automatically bring the mobile worker onto the map with a pop-up window showing details of that mobile worker. By clicking on a mobile workers icon on the map, a pop-up window will appear showing details of that mobile worker.
6. The MENU bar along the top of the map provides for many functions.
a. The RESET function resets the map to your Default map display (if set) or to the original display (the same as when you first log in) allowing you to view all mobile worker locations as one time.
b. The FILTERS function can reduce the number of mobile workers listed in the left window and on the map. If you click on Active and no other options, the only mobile workers listed with be the ‘green’ or ‘active’ mobile workers. If you click on ‘warning’ and no other options, the only mobile workers listed will be the ‘orange’ or ‘warning’ mobile workers. If you click on ‘inactive’ and no other options, the only mobile workers listed will be the ‘red’ or ‘inactive’ mobile workers.
c. The Views function can do three things:
i. place ‘labels’ on the map next to each mobile worker with their respective number
ii. set your ‘default’ view of the map which includes the area on the map and the filters selected
iii. Policies not politics… not sure what this does.
d. The Reports function has 5 reports:
i. Device events displays non-gps information sent from the phone such as ‘no gps available’, ‘no wireless available’, ‘phone turned off’, ‘phone turned on’, etc.
ii. Stops reports displays the time of day and length of time the mobile worker was stopped.
iii. Time report is not active yet.
iv. Estimated Miles reports displays the number of estimated miles driven each day by each mobile worker.
v. History displays a breadcrumb on the map for the mobile worker selected on the mobile worker list in the left window. You are able to select viewing the last ‘x’ hours ranging from 2 hours to all day. A calendar also displays if you would like to change the date for display. When you select a date other than today, it will display the entire days route.
e. The Management function has three options:
i. Drivers allows changes to the information stored for each mobile worker.
ii. Views allows storing views for specific logins
iii. Downloads is where your version of the GPStrac mobile application resides and can be downloaded to your pc for installing on your mobile phones.
7. More information on how to use the GPStrac Map portal is available at: www.gpstrac.com/support.html.